Thursday, April 26, 2018

Another painting challenge

A Spring Painting Challenge:

     We had another painting challenge, this time from March 15 to April 15.  I managed to squeak out some items but I also had to put time to a Little Wars convention game that I am running.  It required painting, modelling, and getting the regular game admin stuff done.  Let's see what I was able to complete.  First up are some 1/300 planes, mostly for "Check Your 6!".  I finished a Betty, 2 Vals, and 6 Hamps.  The green foam is something I'm playing with to make a decent plane transportation method.


The Russian Village Kickstarter came in so I had to start moving on some of the terrain pieces I have sitting around.  First up i sone of the Russian houses.  The roof was done using the towel method.  Underneath is the kit supplied roof.  
 This is the Russian blacksmith building.  I haven't painted the accessories that go with this but they'll definitely add character to the base.
 A Hudson & Allen dark age house.  This is a one-piece, lightweight resin casting (like the Blue Moon buildings).  It has nice detail and paints up quickly.
 Here's another Russian village building.  The same roofing was done.  The buildings have nice detail and they go together well.  I went with blue accents to help ID the building, "I'm shooting at the blue building."
 This is a Gamecraft minis compound in 28mm.  The changes I made were to make the roof sections removable by placing corner reinforcements underneath, trimming off the glue tabs, and filling the slots in the walls.  If the kit is built as plannned it will be a really solid piece but you wont be able to access the interiors.  I also made doors, which aren't included, but it wasn't a big deal.  The walls were textured with non-skid paint and then drybrushed.  I feel it gives a nice texture but not a heavy stucco look.


No comments:

Post a Comment