Thursday, April 26, 2018

Little Wars 2018

Little Wars 2018

     Little Wars 2018 is here and I'm running a game again this year.  This year's game is kaiju fighting again but with alien interference.  The sides will be the humans and the "good" kaiju against the aliens and their offworldly alien pals.  To do this I had to build a mothership to lead the invaders along with some objectives.  Here's the final mothership in all it's glory.  The stand is a dowel in a small trophy stand from Michael's, weighted down with large washers.  It's removable for transport.  I thought about lights for it but it would have added time that I really didn't have.
Here's the creation of the sauser.  It was created from a bundt cake container and a noodle container, topped with a spray can top.  
 I gathered a bunch of stuff from the bits box and started testing what might fit and what did I have enough of.
 To keep the ship from being too flexible I filled it with chunks of styrofoam that were hot glued together.

 On the bottom of the saucer I glued some wooden cones I got from Michael's.   In the center I had a spare nozzle from a rocket kit and I drilled a hole through it to mount it. 
     For the aliens I made a "mystery orb" that radiates some strange energy, which also happens to allow trees to grow very large....  
  It's a POM bottle cut down and glued to an mdf base.  I got my craft skills going and added tissue paper, red and blue glitter, and some craft store rocks.  What isn't visible is that the bottom of the orb is hollow and that allows me to put in 4 battery operated tea lights which add a nice glow.  So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the effect works and inspires others to try their hand at creating items for their games.   

No comments:

Post a Comment