Thursday, April 22, 2021

Painting during the virus months


Another month of painting . . .

     Another month of pseudo-quarantine has gone by and my interest shifted to terrain as the weather warms.  It's easier to spray paint terrain and now that Wisconsin is out of the thaw I can spray without the wet and cold weather influences.  So after a month of painting for another group challenge I've completed a decent amount of items.

Terrain:

    I'm working on an imagination Africa project and this will encompass Vietnam gaming as well so I need to have jungle and vegetation to break up LOS and allow things to hide.  In 2019 I had ordered a bunch of palm trees from China via ebay and the bug hit me to start getting these painted and based.  Most of the basing is done using 1/4" x 2" fender washers for single, double, and some triple trees, but I also had some "strips" of mdf about 1.5" by 4", 6", and 12" in size from a failed wall project.  These strips are designed to be boundaries between properties, create trails by acting as borders, and be just general jungle pieces not on perfectly round bases. 


No comments:

Post a Comment